There will be barracudas on the menu on Saturday!! 🙂
(Sorry for the time confusion…we had to work through some details and make some changes…thanks for your patience!!)
***** TIME CHANGE – NOW 3:30-5pm *****
For those of you who are new to the team and do not know this, our most FUN meet we participate in is our meet against our “fri-vals” Bay Hills Barracudas! In years past barracudas have entered into duck territory late in the evening and chalked up our parking lot and threw rubber sharks and barracudas in the pool (all very fun and harmless).
Let’s be prepared for this meet!! Our pep rally will take place on Friday, June 14th, from 3:30 to 5:00pm. There will be tattoos, poster decorations (maybe even one that outlines 10 ways to prepare a baracuda meal!!), duck nail polish, there will be a duck hunt with a free ice cream treat, painting signs, making bead bracelets, and fun in the pool. We can chalk the parking lot too!!! Our organizers have located some fun car window paint – It’s washable so super easy to clean off! They will recommend that kids be accompanied by parents for this activity. We will make the ducks and people can put them in their car windows. Please plan to bring your signs to hang on the fence at Bay Hills on Saturday!!
So, COME TO THE PEP RALLY ON FRIDAY THE 14th AT 3:30PM TO BE PART OF THE FUN!!!!!
*** “Big Ducks” and Spirit Leaders, we would love your help with nail polish, tattoos, and a few other things!! Please let Dawn Hudson know if you can help out.
Hello all – a few important housekeeping details…
- Team Snap will now be our primary method of communication. Emails for general information, text messages for emergency or priority notifications like pool closings, weather delays, etc. You MUST ensure that you have ACTIVATED your account (follow instructions in the invitation sent to the email on file, or contact us if you need a new invitation) and have set up preferences for notifications via EMAIL or TEXT. All birthdates and addresses are hidden from view. IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE SWIMMER: Our recommendation is to keep all notifications on for one of your swimmers, and turn them off for other swimmers. This will ensure that you do not receive multiple copies of each alert or message. Go to Preferences, then Notifications to do this.
- A test Team Snap email AND text message were sent this past Friday – please email us if you did not get one or both of them
- First day of practice is Tuesday, May 30th
- Last day to register a swimmer is Thursday, June 1st
- If you missed swim suit try on, we will offer one at the pool on Thursday, June 1st 4:00pm-6:00pm
- If you missed ordering a personalized cap – Merchandising will have generic Ulmstead caps available for $10 each.
- Click here for an Ulmstead Spiritwear Price List that includes all of our items available through Annie & De. Please deck yourselves out for the season! (A few items are missing from the site and will be added shortly)
- TIME TRIALS / INTRASQUAD MEET: We will be holding an official time trial “meet” on Monday night. June 12th running from about 6pm-8pm. This is similar to time trials, but it is a GASL-sanctioned event and the times will count for the league. Our volunteer coordinator, Alli Smith, will be assigning Timers, IT, Stroke & Turn and Starter officials. These are official assignments. The meet will only include our team, so it will be half the time of a regular meet. You will not need to wear your team suit or cap and there will not be concessions that night. Please be on the lookout for further details to follow.
- Mark your calendar for Bay Hills pep rally at our pool on Friday, July 14th – details to follow
- Mark your calendar NOW!! End of season banquet and pool party will be on Sunday, July 23rd – more details will follow later in the season.
A brief apology for not emailing more frequently, but I have a “real” job and this was our busiest season so I find myself a bit backlogged sending out Swim Team information to parents. Please be on top of the communication that is coming out so you don’t miss anything!!
- Swimsuit try on is offered again at the barn tomorrow, Thursday, 5/11 from 4pm – 6pm. If you miss this, no worries, we’ll have another at the pool, but it is not as peaceful as the barn! trust me!
- Swim caps are required uniform items. If you don’t have any leftover from last year, or you are new to the team this year, you MUST order you caps no later than Thursday, 5/11. They take time to make and ship so we need to get our order in. Order your caps HERE
- Swim team is right around the corner, keep your eyes peeled for emails!
What: Pre-order your swim suit and spirit wear.
Ulmstead Swim Team is a proud member of the Greater Annapolis Swim League (GASL).